Embo Short Term Fellowship: The Embo Has Invited For Short Term Fellowship. The Interested Candidate can Apply Online From Officially Website www.embo.org Before Read Eligibility, Application, Selection, Benefits. The Details Are Below:
Embo Short Term Fellowship
About Embo Short Term Fellowship:
Short-Term Fellowships fund research exchanges of up to three months between laboratories in eligible countries. Awarded applicants can stay on their research visit for an additional three months (maximum), however, EMBO will not provide funding for this extended period.
The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with research groups applying techniques that are unavailable in the applicant’s laboratory. Short-Term Fellowships are not awarded for exchanges between two laboratories within the same country. Short-Term Fellowships are intended for joint research work rather than consultations. The fellowships cover travel plus subsistence of the fellow only and not of dependents.
Eligibility For Embo Short Term Fellowship:
- Applicants must be active researchers at any stage in their career with a minimum of one year of research experience at the PhD student level, or equivalent at the time of application.
- EMBO Short-Term Fellowships are awarded for research exchanges between laboratories in EMBC Member States, Associated Member States or Cooperation Partners. EMBO Short-Term Fellowships are not awarded for exchanges between two laboratories within the same country.
- Only in exceptional caseswill EMBO Short-Term Fellowships be awarded for research visits outside the countries listed above. For such cases, it is essential that a justification be provided why there is no appropriate expertise or technology in EMBC Member States, Associated Member States or Cooperation Partners.
- Applications from outside EMBC Member States, Associated Member States or Cooperation Partners will not be considered.
- Exceptionally, EMBO will consider applications involving laboratories (home or host) in Japan throughout 2020.
- Applications for the exclusive purpose of training in a technique rather than as a component of a wider research project will not be considered for funding.
- EMBO does not consider applications for Short-Term Fellowships to prolong visits begun under other auspices, or as bridging fellowships between, or prior to, long-term stays funded by EMBO or other organizations.
- Applications for fellowships to attend courses, workshops, or symposia will not be considered. Similarly, EMBO Short-Term Fellowships do not provide additional funding for courses, conference travel, bench fees, overheads or any other expenses beyond travel costs between the laboratories involved and the subsistence rates depending on the country visited.
Application For EMBO Short-Term Fellowships:
There is no deadline for applications, however it is recommended to apply three months before the proposed starting date. Applications received or completed only after the start of the visit will not be considered.
The application process is handled via the online application system. Applications and supporting documentation (two references, receiving institute acceptance) are only accepted via the online application system. Applications and related correspondence must be in English.
Please read the Short-Term Fellowships guidelines for applicants before applying online.
Selection For EMBO Short-Term Fellowships:
All applications are examined at the EMBO Fellowship Office to ensure that they are complete and eligible. Receipt of complete applications will be acknowledged via email.
Applications are judged on the following criteria:
- CV of the candidate, and in particular research experience.
- Quality of the project to be developed in the host laboratory (novelty, feasibility).
- The suitability of the host laboratory for the proposed work.
- Value of the exchange for the home laboratory.
As soon as a decision is reached, normally within three to four months from submission of a complete application, applicants are informed promptly.
Benefits For EMBO Short-Term Fellowships:
Duration of support
Short-Term Fellowships are intended for visits of 1 week (7 days) up to 3 months (90 days). Awarded applicants can stay on their research visit for an additional three months (maximum), however, EMBO will not provide funding for this extended period. It is possible to apply directly for more than three months (up to six) but the EMBO grant must be used for the first three months of the visit.
Travel costs and stipend
The fellowships contribute towards travel costs and subsistence of the fellow but not of any dependents. The subsistence rate depends on the country being visited. EMBO Short-Term Fellowships do not provide additional funding for courses, conference travel, bench fees or overheads. EMBO does not cover Visa costs.
End of fellowship report
At the end of your fellowship applicants are asked to provide EMBO with a report of their activity at the host institute, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you need to indicate your ASTF number and your current address on your final report.
The final report must be submitted to the fellowship office within 6 months of completing the research visit. The report should be about two pages, and should summarize the results as well as possible plans for further work to be undertaken. It may include diagrams, charts or illustrations. Upon receipt of the final report, the EMBO office will send a certificate stating the start date and duration of the fellowship, the place the place where it was held, the ASTF number and the title of the project developed.
Together with the final report, applicants must provide a letter signed by their home institution certifying that they have returned to work there for at least 6 months after the completion of the EMBO Short-Term Fellowship. This letter must be written in English.
There are no deadlines for applications and awards are being made throughout the year. However, it
is recommended that applications be submitted at least three months before the proposed start date of the research visit, or at minimum, applications must be submitted before the start date of the
The online application form, will ask you to provide information on:
- Contact details of two referees
- Address of the receiving institute and contact details of the host institute supervisor
- A summary of the proposed work
- A summary of your current work
- Basic CV
- Your ORCID ID (if you do not have one, please register at https://orcid.org/register)
- Funding sources
Online application form:
- The application for EMBO Short-Term Fellowships is electronic only. Hard copies will not be
processed. This refers to all relevant documents including not only the application form, but also the
reference letters and the host institute acceptance form.
Due to the Coronavirus spread in Europe, the EMBO Short-Term Fellowship application system will remain open but we will not be accepting applications for visits that start before July 1st 2020.
|Short-Term Fellowships guidelines (pdf):||Click Here|
|Subsistence rates (pdf):||Click Here|
|Deadline:||Applications accepted throughout the year|